- Equalibrium: Tends to be the introduction (opening) of the film at the very beginnig, usually to express happiness and positive circumstances. In Film Noir- A romantic scene.
- The Disruption: The moment of a film where a problem starts to build up which turns a positive into a negative.-A villian kidnapping a women (girl friend/wife of main character)
- Repair: An attemt to repair the damage of the disruption.
- Realisation(recognition): The point when The main character detects the problem a figurs out how to solve and what solution to find to this problem. Can cause e.g. negative emotions of both kidnapped girl and main character.
- Restored Order(restoration): New equilibrium. The moment when the solution to the problem starts to work an restore the negative. E.g. Found out where the kidnapper lives to get her girl friend back.
- Equalibrium repeats: The moment where happy as well as positive atmosphere is created again and turned back into a neutral circumstances as in the beginnig.